Tired of buying a different cleaning product each time you need to clean one of your home appliances? You’re in luck, there are many ways to maintain your appliances using regular household products. Save a trip to the store and Go Green with your appliance maintenance and cleaning.
Instead of recycling a used lemon wedge in compost, you can upcycle it for a fresh and natural cleaner to make your kitchen sparkle.
- Refrigerator Maintenance – Eliminate odors by pouring vanilla extract into a bowl and wipe down refrigerator walls with a paper towel.
- Refrigerator Coils – Clean condenser coils located behind the fridge with a brush or handheld vacuum to remove dirt, dust and pet hair.
- Garbage Disposal Cooling – Place a handful of ice cubes and citrus peels in garbage disposal, turn on cold water and then the disposal for 15-30 seconds. After turning off disposal continue to rinse with hot water for 15 more seconds.
- Dishwasher Maintenance – Remove stuck-on food residue by running an empty dishwasher with a cup of white vinegar.
- Microwave Cleaning – Wipe interior microwave surfaces with a mixture of two tablespoons baking soda and one quart water to remove food stains.
- Keep Your Appliances White – Use a sponge with a mixture of ½ cup bleach, ¼ cup baking soda and four cups warm water to avoid yellowing of white appliances. Let it set for 10 minutes before rinsing and drying.
Thanks For Reading! Please call us for any advice on keeping your home appliances running smoothly. We are proud to serve the residents of Hermosa Beach, Redondo Beach, Palos Verdes & the entire South Bay.